Facet Syndrome Treatment in Dallas-Fort Worth
Facet Syndrome is a spinal condition in the facet joints in the neck or back. Most cases occur in the cervical vertebrae, and occasionally happen in the lower back. This can lead to spinal osteoarthritis (spondylosis).
Facet syndrome develops in small joints between each vertebra called facet joints. The surfaces of these joints are lined with cartilage which allows them to slide easily over one another.
Symptoms of Facet Syndrome
Some symptoms of Facet Syndrome are:
- Lower back pain
- Upper thigh pain
- Buttocks pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Headaches at the base of the skull
- Aching behind the eyes
- Ringing in the ears
- Abnormal spine curvature
- Weakness in the legs or arms
- Numbness in the legs or arms
Facet Syndrome Treatment
There are a number of treatment options to alleviate the pain are:
- Heat wraps and cold packs. These may release tension and allow for temporary pain relief.
- Medication. Anti-inflammatory drugs like non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) can dull or relieve the pain for a time.
- Facet Joint Injections. A pain relief procedure where an anesthetic and steroid (anti-inflammatory) is injected into the joint to stop the pain.
The Dallas pain relief experts at Texas Pain Relief Group have experience treating patients with Facet Syndrome using a variety of treatment methods and procedures. Schedule an appointment at one of our Dallas-Fort Worth area pain clinics.