Diabetic Neuropathy Treatment in Dallas
Diabetic Neuropathy is a serious complication of diabetes. There are four types of diabetes-related neuropathy: peripheral, autonomic, proximal, and focal.
Causes of Diabetic Neuropathy
Prolonged exposure to high blood sugar can damage nerves by interfering with signal transmissions from the nerves to the brain.
Additional causes of diabetic neuropathy may be:
- Inflammation in the nerves
- Inherited genetic tendencies or predisposed medical factors for nerve damage susceptibility
- Smoking, which causes damage to nerves and blood vessels
- Alcohol abuse, which causes damage to nerves and blood vessels
Risk Factors of Diabetic Neuropathy
The following are certain risk factors, or triggers, that can lead to the onset of Diabetic Neuropathy.
- Blood sugar levels control
- How long you’ve had diabetes
- Kidney disease
Dallas area pain specialists with Texas Pain Relief Group have experience treating patients with diabetic neuropathy. There are numerous treatment options available. Schedule an appointment at one of our Dallas pain relief clinics today.