Chronic Pelvic Pain Treatment in Dallas-Fort Worth
Chronic pelvic pain occurs in the area below the bellybutton and hip. Typically chronic pelvic pain can be something that is experienced for more than six months.
Just because some women never get an official diagnosis for their pain does not mean isn’t real or treatable. In most cases treatment will focus on managing the chronic pelvic pain.
The pain specialists in Dallas-Fort Worth with Texas Pain Relief Group have experience treating chronic pelvic pain in both women and men. At our Dallas pain clinic locations in Hurst, Frisco, Carrollton, Grapevine and more, you will find an expert with the experience you need.
Symptoms of Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Constant pain in part, or all, of the pelvic region
- Intermittent pain
- Dull aching pain
- Sharp pains
- Pressure within your pelvis
- Pain and/or discomfort during intercourse
- Pain and/or discomfort while having a bowel movement or urinating
Causes of Chronic Pelvic Pain
Chronic pelvic pain does not always have an immediate underlying cause. In some cases the psychological toll that chronic pain can take on a person will increase or exacerbate the pain that is felt.
Other potential causes include:
- Pelvic floor muscle tension.
- Chronic pelvic inflammatory disease
- Ovarian Remnant Syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Psychological factors
- Pelvic congestion syndrome